We are working with a world class Kiwi Company energy company who back their team to bring their true selves to work every day. They have a flexible working approach and Rainbow Tick and Gender Tick accreditations as well as an open and inclusive workplace that promotes personal development.
The Digital Infrastructure team are a passionate and diverse bunch that love staying at the cutting edge of technology and sharing their knowledge to create the best user experiences. As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to manage the digital landscape throughout the lifecycle of digital systems and technology.
You will have the opportunity to
- Take accountability for delivering a world class employee experience and use data and feedback to manage changes and improvements
- Manage the relationship with our operational partners, drive performance and maintain the expected high standards
- Hold responsibility for evolving our DevOps practices to deliver extraordinary results
- Own processes within Infrastructure; Major Incident Management, Technical Change Process, Problem Management Process etc
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years in service delivery roles in the area of Infrastructure
- Experience managing vendors and ensuring the delivery of services
- Ideally practical experience of DevOps using Service Management principles
- The ability to build strong relationships with technical and non technical teams
- Influence change and communicate clearly, with both technical and non technical information
- A desire to deliver the best customer and employee experience and exceed expectations
- A love for technology, an aptitude to understand and the curiosity to discover and experiment
- A competitive remuneration package including short-term incentive (bonus) plan, medical insurance for you and your family, enhanced employer contribution for KiwiSaver
- Generous leave provisions including enhanced sick leave, parental leave benefits and the option to buy additional leave
- The balance of hybrid working, enjoy some of your week at home and some in our welcoming office space
- The opportunity to contribute and be part of a supportive team that is here to make a difference
- A chance to build your own capability through learning from some of the industry’s most knowledgeable people who have a desire to share their insights along with access to upskilling opportunities and career development across the organisation
- Two days a year to do Good in your Hood, though our volunteering scheme, a chance for you to help others in your community in a meaningful way to you
The base salary range for this role is $130,000 to $149,900 per annum, plus 15% bonus based on company performance, a 5% KiwiSaver employer contribution and health insurance through Southern Cross.
If this feels like a good match for your head and your heart, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org